This 4-hour class has been designed to provide CPR, AED & First Aid training in the following areas:
- Initial & scene assessment;
- Bloodborne pathogens & protective barriers;
- Rescue breathing;
- One-man CPR techniques;
- Two-man CPR techniques,
- Compression-only CPR,
- Automated Electronic Defibrillator (AED);
- Chain of survival;
- Control of bleeding;
- Shock management;
- Ongoing assessments;
- Illness & injury assessments; and
- Managing first aid problems.
Certification is good for two years. Training is only available to faculty and staff of UL Lafayette. To register call 482-1840 or email Taz Wininger.
Medic CPR and First Aid training sessions are offered monthly at Parker Hall, in room 215. Please call our office for the dates of these course offerings.