University departmental safety coordinators (DSC) often ask for tips and ideas on high-risk safety meeting topics. These topics ideally should be determined by the DSC or department head, director, or dean. The Office of Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) is always here for assistance in selection of a topic if all else fails.
The University is also a current member of the Acadiana Safety Association (ASA). ASA has an extensive video library which contains more than 1,000 occupational safety and health titles that can be used for safety meetings, employee training, and other educational applications.
Below is a list of topics selected which may be used in your department as a high-risk safety meeting.
- Toolbox safety
- Ladder safety
- Knock on the head
- Extension cord safety
- Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout for Affected Employees
- Mercury spill clean-up safety
- Slips, trips, & falls
- Eye wash station safety
- First Aid Safety Basics
- Fall prevention at home & work
- Insect & bee stings - prevention & treatment
- Compression-only CPR
- GHS Updates to HAZCOM & GHS Symbols Sheet
- Safe Mardi Gras Tips
- St. Mary Bike Lane Safety Map
- Safe Lifting
- Parking Lot Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
Holiday Safety Topics:
Help at anytime in selecting a specific topic, feel free to email or contact the UL Lafayette Office of EH&S.